Do you always struggle with your Wi-Fi accessibility? Is your Wi-Fi slow and doesn’t give the desired results? Are you looking forward to installing the TP-Link Range Extender? If your answer to all these questions is YES, then you have landed on the right page. Here we are talking about the TP Link wireless extender setup and its features in detail.
No matter whether you have a big house or have a number of walls in your apartment, a Wi-Fi extender is the only solution to enjoy hassle-free internet accessibility. With a TP-link extender, you can enjoy fast and reliable internet speed in your home as well as your workspace.
Before going further, let’s learn about the exact meaning of TP-Link Extender along with its various types and which will suit you the best.
WHAT IS A TP-LINK EXTENDER?
TP-Link Extender is one of the Wi-Fi extenders that expand the Wi-Fi signal’s strength and range. It means you don’t need to stay close to your router all the time to enjoy internet accessibility. TP-Link Extender is made by an American company TP-Link, so the name of the extender is on the company’s name. From offices to schools to factories to shops and warehouses, these extenders are highly used everywhere because all sorts of businesses today are directly or indirectly rely on the internet for their productivity.
WHY DO YOU NEED A TP-LINK WIFI EXTENDER?
Like other extenders, TP-link extenders expand the internet signals to cover a wider area so that you can enjoy the accessibility in each and every room of your house or office. Your internet provider will install the router, and you can connect all the devices with the internet very easily. It won’t be wrong to say that it acts as a hub that provides secure internet throughout your home or workplace. You can connect the router and the extender using an ethernet cable or just go wireless. It is obvious that you need internet access all the time considering the modern lifestyle, whether you want to see videos online or perform some professional task.
TYPES OF EXTENDERS FROM TP-LINKS:
A link extender is a perfect option if you want to amplify the Wi-Fi signal. You will find different types in extenders too, and each has its own feature. This gives you the chance to select the one that suits all your requirements.
- Wifi Extender:
Using backhaul, a Wi-Fi extender amplifies the Wi-Fi signals. Backhaul is a technique that carries the signal from one site to another. In this, no energy loss takes place when you are using a backhaul signal. In this way, the Wi-Fi extender able to extend the strength and range of signals using this technique.
- Wifi Repeater:
Wi-Fi Repeater is a device that tends to repeat or clones the signals of the router. You will find a wireless antenna in it that will connect to your router and work on rebroadcasting its signal. An extender just amplifies the signals, but a repeater clones it.
TP-LINK EXTENDER SETUP:
While working with the TP-Link extenders, you will find different methods to set up this. All you need is to follow the right steps in an organized way, and the extender can be easily set up without any hassle.
- Wireless Method:
Following are some of the essential steps that you need to follow during the tp link wifi extender setup through the wireless method.
- Take your TP-Link Range Extender near your router or the access point and establish a connection between the two.
- As the LED light starts blinking, press the WPS or Reset button on the router. At this point, press the start button on the TP-Link Range Extender.
- Using the ethernet cable, establish a connection between the computer system and the extender.
- Make sure that your computer system is not connected to any other wireless network during the new extender setup
- As you click the Wi-Fi network options, you will find all the available options to establish connections. Select TP-Link network from that list.
- Open your browser and fill http://tplinkextender.net in the given column and press the enter key.
- At this point, you will get access to the Windows Security page. Here it would be best if you filled in your username and the password on the TP-Link Wi-Fi extender login.
- You can make the changes as the TP-Link page opens. You can choose the region, operation mode, and more. Click on next!
- Choose your wireless network from the TP-Link page. Click on the Next option!
- Type your password when you are asked to fill in the password. Click next and finish. You will automatically connect to the selected wireless network within few minutes.
- Plugin the extender again and turn it on.
You can check the speed of your network through the smart signal indicator during the process of tp link wifi extender setup.
- WPS Method:
Firstly, you need to press the WPS button on the router and then press the WPS button on your TP-Link repeater within two minutes. This can be counted as the first step of tp link extender setup.
- Make sure that the LED lights turn solid blue. It is because only then your WPS connection will consider successful.
- In this way, you can easily establish a connection and enjoy extended internet accessibility.
- Setup Through Web Browser:
- The very first thing is to open a web browser on your computer system.
- Then you need to enter the TP-Link repeater default web address http://tplink repeater.net.
- You need to fill in the http://tplinkrepater.net on the given column of the IP address of the browser.
- Enter the default username and password on the TP-Link Wi-Fi extender login. You can find it directly by clicking on the tp.linkrepeater.net setup login.
- You can make modifications to the network options by going through the setting option.
You can select 2.4GHz or 5GHz options depending on your need and save the changes after clicking on the save button.
TP-Link 192.168.0.254 Setup:
Another way is to use the default gateway IP Address, i.e., 192.168.0.254. You need to follow these steps to log in to the 192.168.0.254 address.
- Turn on the router and the Wi-Fi devices.
- Open the internet browser of your choice and enter 192.168.0.254 or http://192.168.0.254 in the given column. Press the enter key.
- Admin login to TP-Link Wi-Fi extender panel will appear on the screen where you need to enter the username and the password. You can use the default username and password for the login.
These are some of the ways to set up the TP-Link Wi-Fi extender. You can choose any of these depending on your requirements.