In every industry, be it aerospace, electrical, medical, or defense, there is a huge demand for PCB. They can be small circuits or a complex structure in a PCB box assembly. However, To create a new PCB, one would require a high influx of materials and incur a great cost. There is another way to make PCBs without indulging in new ones. It is through PCB rework.
Using PCB rework, manufacturers and designers can work together to develop different PCBs with a new set of skills on an existing board. Additionally, PCB reworks are used to repair any damaged PCBs and test for any additional issues. It’s a complex process but one of the most necessary ones that save time, money, and crucial work hours.
Here is the top reason why PCB rework is necessary:
- You save cost by not indulging in a new PCB that would require additional material and manpower.
- You can get a damaged PCB repaired. So, you don’t need to throw it away if it stops working.
- Detect any excess issues with the PCB and amend them beforehand.
To do a PCB rework, you need a company that expertise in providing Rework services. You see, rework isn’t a simple process and requires a thorough understanding of the board. You can go for companies like Absolute PCB that have expertise in rework. The top qualities any company for PCB rework should have:
- A clear understanding of the BGA reworks system and if the Fr4 PCB board is required. It’s a complex but very critical system that every person who works on PCB should understand.
- Should be able to work on both boards within warranty and post-warranty.
- Should contain a trained team who expertise in the rework process and can detect all sorts of issues with the board, ones that are not even detected.
- Should be equipped with the necessary diagnostic skills.
- Should work on every level and save as much money for the client as possible.
- They should be transparent about the changes and improvements required.
You should take a look at the past work done by the brand and its success ratio too. If there is anyone in your team or network who has employed the company’s services before, you should talk to them and know more about the brand. You should also check the pricing strategy and cost-effectiveness of the rework. If it is almost the same as getting a new one, you should go with a new PCB or talk to some other consultant.
Choosing an Fr4 PCB board
There are many kinds of PCB bird’s you can go for. One of them is the Fr4 PCB board. These boards are flame repellent made from woven glass reinforcement. This type of board provides higher strength and provides better insulation. With so many properties it is also costly. So, when Chopin’s this material you have to think about the kind of quality you are looking for in a board. You should consider the device you will be putting the board in and the weight also.