It is commonly believed that 60 per cent of the human body is made up of water. One does not need to stumble upon an oasis in a desert in order to realise the value and vital significance of drinking water. Consuming enough water regularly is extremely important for one’s health and overall wellness. Moreover, it is essential that the water being drunk is purified using a water filter, as unfiltered water can be very hazardous to one’s health.
Importance of drinking enough water
Here are a few of the most common and important benefits of drinking sufficient water at regular intervals:
- Avoiding dehydration: It is extremely common in today’s hectic and busy life to often forget to drink as much water as is required by one’s body. However, many times, one does not realise that the health problems being faced are actually due to not drinking enough water. Problems such as fatigue, feeling dizzy, muscle cramps, nausea, etc., are commonly due to dehydration.
- Preventing headaches: Headaches are a common occurrence when one hasn’t been drinking the amount of water that is required by the body. Drinking more water can help prevent these headaches, and it can also help to relieve them.
- Healthier kidneys: Water helps in flushing out all the waste that is accumulated in the body, through excretion, perspiration, and so on. Drinking water can also relieve constipation. Furthermore, it can reduce the pain felt due to kidney stones.
- Clear skin: Drinking less water can make one’s skin dry, tight, and wrinkly. Drinking more water is an extremely popular and helpful method to prevent ageing, as it provides the skin with more moisture and elasticity, and also flushes out toxins from the skin.
- Multiple other health benefits: Drinking sufficient water has several other health benefits, including but not limited to flushing out bacteria and toxins from the body, regulating the body’s temperature, lubricating and cushioning the joints and tissues in one’s body, improving blood circulation, and so on.
Although the benefits of drinking enough water can never be stressed enough, it is even more essential to ensure that the water is filtered. Here are the advantages of using a water filter:
- Healthier than unfiltered tap water: It is still quite common for people to drink tap water directly. However, this can be very hazardous, as tap water in Australia may have various disinfection chemicals and products.
- Removes dirt and rust: Not only does filtering the water remove chemicals and other disinfectants, but it also prevents ingestion of dirt, mud, and rust into the body.
- Sustainable: Due to the dangers of drinking tap water, some people resort to drinking only bottled water every day. However, this is extremely wasteful and is harmful to the environment. A large amount of energy is required to manufacture the plastic bottles, capture and purify the water, as well as to transport the water to retailers and consumers. Using a water filter is thus always a safer and more sustainable option.
- Cost-effective: Buying and installing a water filter is a one-time job, after which one can enjoy pure and healthy water for free, in contrast to buying bottled water every day.
- Healthier than bottled water: Not only is bottled water extremely detrimental to the environment, several studies have also shown the harmful effects of drinking bottled water.