QuickBooks error code 6147 is a technical issue that occurs when users attempt to open a company’s file or backup files. It’s an error code associated with the 6000 series that causes various problems when trying to open the company file. This blog post is an effort to assist users by providing an extensive guide on resolving QuickBooks Error Code 6147.
Causes For Quickbooks Error Code 6147
Many reasons are responsible for Quickbooks Error 6147 that stops users from accessing the company files. Here is a list of reasons that cause this error:
- If the QuickBooks File is damaged.
- When you attempt to recover the backup with an external network drive.
- If you name the backup files goes beyond the limit of around 200 characters.
- A corrupted download of QuickBooks.
- The installation is incomplete for QuickBooks.
- Corruption in Windows registry.
- Software changes related to QuickBooks, like installation and uninstallation.
- The virus or malware infection has damaged the Windows system
Solutions To Rectify Quickbooks Error Code 6147
Below, you will discover the most effective solutions to fix QuickBooks error 6147 without difficulty.
Important Note: Prior to starting the troubleshooting procedure, make sure QuickBooks software is up-to-date to the most current maintenance release.
Solution 1: Change the Location of the Backup File
Before you start this procedure be sure hosting is not turned off within your operating system. Then save the backup file in a different location on your PC. Follow the steps below to fix QuickBooks error code 6147.
- Open “QuickBooks”.
- Hover to “File”.
- Now choose “Utilities”.
- If Stop Hosting Multi-User displays, it indicates that hosting is enabled.
- Simply cease Multi-User Host and tap “Yes on the next window.
- Afterward, a new window will open in which you must select “Yes”. And remember the file should be closed during that time.
- Then take the backup file and restore it from the system
If the QuickBooks error 6147 is still not resolved after completing the solution, take the next troubleshooting procedure.
Solution 2: Repair Damaged.ND and.TLG Files
Network Information, as well as Transaction log files, are essential QuickBooks program files. If they are damaged, they can cause several issues within QB. When you name the files, QuickBooks is prompted to make new versions free of damage. Follow the steps below to create damage-free.ND and.TLG files.
- Go to the directory where QuickBooks files are saved following the installation.
- Find the.ND or.TLG extension files.
- The files will be having identical names to the company’s file.
- Thereafter, right-tap on the file, and then make sure to add.OLD after the file’s title.
- In the end, save the file then again open Quickbooks.
Solution 3: Renaming ADR File
Renaming.ADR File assists in resolving QuickBooks Error 6147 with ease. The steps are:
- Browse to the folder storing QuickBooks corporate file.
- Find QuickBooks.ADR folder
- Browse the folder and search for the most recent ADR file.
- Thereafter right-tap on the same file and modify it to .Qbw.
Solution 4: Utilize The Trend Micro Active Scan
Follow these troubleshooting tips when previous steps didn’t resolve the issue.
- Take note of the exact location of your company’s file.
- Press “Ctrl” and tap twice on the QB icon without affecting the company’s file.
- Thereafter, the company’s information will appear at the top.
- Now pick the file for your company.
- The list of company files will also display where the file is located.
- Tap on “Scan Settings” within Trend Active scan.
- Locate the file directory and make an exception for it.
Solution 5: Stop All QuickBooks Processes
- Foremost, log in as an administrator to your server.
- Then, hold “Ctrl+Shift+Esc”.
- Moving on, display the process for all users, by choosing “Users”.
- Then highlight all QuickBooks steps:
- Now select “End Task”.
- In the end, access the company file via multi-user mode.
Solution 6: Resolving Company File Issues via Quickbooks Tool Hub
QB Tool hub is the most innovative invention by Intuit. This tool helps in rectifying many QB errors instantly. To get the most out of your experience, you should use the Tool Hub 64-bit. So we suggest you install Tool Hub 64-bit on Windows 10.
- Foremost, close QuickBooks.
- Download the most recent version of the QuickBook Tool Hub right now. Save the file quickly to your desktop, so you can find the file fast.
- Open the downloaded file now (QuickBooksToolHub.exe).
- Follow the steps on the screen to install it, and then agree to all terms and conditions.
- Thereafter, tap twice on “Windows Desktop” once the installation process is complete.
Step 2: Launching Quick Fix My Program via Tool Hub
- Firstly, open tool hub.
- Thereafter navigate to its components named “Company File Issues”.
- There, tap on “Quick Fix My File”.
- Moving on, click “OK” to run Quickbooks.
Step 3: Use File Doctor via Tool Hub
Now the process of Quickbooks File Doctor download to repair the error code 6147 starts. Undoubtedly, QuickBooks File Doctor does wonders to QB users. It automatically detects and repairs a range of errors. If it’s not installed in your system then Install it via Intuit’s website. After the installation is completed, simply open it and then wait for the program to complete its job. Let’s understand the steps in detail below.
- Firstly, open “Tool Hub”.
- Choose its component named “Company File Issue”. There tap on the tab “QuickBooks File Doctor”.
- After opening it, lookup for the company’s files. In case you can’t search it, then simply log in with the QB company file password and tap “Next”.
- In the end, just wait for the resolving process to finish up. Once it’s done, restart your software and start working.
This is how Quickbooks File Doctor download resolves the error code 6147 with ease.
One Last Word
Once you complete the troubleshooting steps explained above, the Quickbooks Error 6147 will be eliminated completely.