The most valuable traded publicly in the world is the company none other than Amazon. Amazon offers everything from eCommerce to cloud services. AWS or Amazon Web Services, a subsidiary of Amazon, is the most popular cloud computing service available out there in the market.
Businesses and organizations across the world trust and rely on AWS for the services offered by it. From content delivery to the relocation of databases, AWS has been a one-stop Solutions Architect for businesses that are looking for the strategies for effective functioning of their businesses.
With an increasing number of companies adopting AWS for leveraging services offered, the career opportunities for AWS certified professionals are also skyrocketing. The professionals willing to advance their careers in the IT industry are looking forward to taking an AWS Cloud Architect Course in Los Angeles.
The certifications offered by AWS are for different positions, out of which, AWS Solutions Architect is the most in-demand certification. These jobs fetch huge salaries, and the certification serves as an icing on the cake. The median annual salary of an AWS Solutions Architect is around USD 127,000. This becomes the primary reason for professionals enrolling in online courses and upgrading their careers.
Let’s look at what AWS Solutions Architect does and how you can become one.
Who is an AWS Solutions Architect?
AWS Certified Solutions Architect Associate is a type of technical certification that is issued by AWS, and is meant for both beginners and professionals who are involved in enterprise architecture programs, and also Solutions Architect.
An AWS Solutions Architect is a cloud professional who is responsible for deploying applications to infrastructure in the AWS cloud platform. Apart from AWS deployments, it also includes AWS best practices and the critical skills that are required for implementing cloud initiatives.
The primary reason for deploying applications over the cloud is to reduce costs, just because they are not required to invest in on-premise infrastructure. AWS came into action when the companies had to invest huge amounts in on-premise infrastructure. AWS has become a big relief for companies cutting costs significantly, thereby improving their productivity and ROIs.
If you earn AWS Solutions Architect certification, it will serve as proof to your employers that you are capable of designing and implementing distributed systems on AWS.
About the AWS Solutions Architect exam
The five main sections of the AWS Certified Solutions Architect exam is:
- Design Resilient Architectures – 34%
- Define Performant Architecture – 24%
- Specify Secure Applications and Architectures – 24%
- Design Cost-Optimized Architectures – 10%
- Define Operationality Excellent Architectures – 6%
Earning this certification requires you to have the basic knowledge of working with the AWS cloud and covers the topics such as:
- Amazon Simple Storage Service (S3)
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Autoscaling and Load balancing
- Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2)
- Serverless websites
- Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
Who can take this exam?
The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam is meant for professionals who possess one or more years of experience in designing highly available, fault-tolerant, cost-efficient, and scalable distributed systems on AWS.
It is better to take this exam if you have:
- At least one year of experience in AWS tools and technologies including storage, compute, networking, database AWS services, and also AWS management and deployment services
- Experience in managing, deploying, and operating workloads on AWS. It also includes implementation of security controls and compliance requirements
- Acquaintance with the usage of both AWS Command Line Interface (CLI) and AWS Management Console
- Sound understanding of the AWS networking and security services, AWS Well-Architected Framework, and the AWS global infrastructure
- Ability to determine which AWS service will best meet the given technical requirement. Also, the ability to define technical requirements that best suits an AWS-based application
How do I become an AWS Solutions Architect?
Now that you have decided to become an AWS Solutions Architect, it’s time for building your skills and knowledge to propel your career. Let’s have a look.
Following are the steps you are required to follow in order to pass the certification exam and become an AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate.
- Join an online training program
Since passing this certification exam is not a child’s play; so you can’t ignore taking up an online training course. There are many edtech companies that offer best-in-class training that ensure that you acquire the skills, knowledge, and training required to work with the AWS cloud.
You can research online for the best courses and also ask people on tech groups, and social media platforms about the top courses available in the market.
Before choosing an online training program, check if it:
- Imparts sound knowledge of fundamental and advanced concepts of AWS that will guide you to pass the certification exam
- Includes practical hands-on exercises and real-life projects so as to prepare you for getting into the job
- Provides you with active community support of AWS learners that may be your learning partners
There are some training programs that allow you to learn at your own pace and also provide career guidance at the end. You have to make sure that you have enrolled yourself in the best online course out there in the market.
- Take the AWS Certified Solutions Architect Exam and Pass
Finally, when you are done with proper training and going hands-on with real-life projects, you are required to take and pass the certification exam. The AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate exam (SAA-C02).
This exam consists of questions of two formats that are multiple-choice and multiple-response. There are 65 questions to be answered in 2 hours and 10 minutes or 130 minutes.
To pass this exam, you are required to score a minimum of 70 percent or higher. Also, you are required to achieve the minimum threshold score which is 35% for every domain.
- Take up the Solutions Architect Projects
It is important to take on the projects after passing the exam. If you work with industrial projects in order to get a job as a Solutions Architect.
How long does it take to study for AWS Solutions Architect?
It is recommended that you have a minimum of one year of experience working with the AWS cloud infrastructure, though some professionals pass the exam without any hands-on experience.
Generally, if you take up an online training course, it will hardly take two to three months to prepare for the exam. So, what are you waiting for? Start your journey today and become a seasoned solutions architect.