Are you fed up of seeing your Orbi device blink purple all the damn time? Well, trust me, you aren’t alone in this. Users all across the globe have experienced this issue. In fact, a few weeks back, I was exactly where you are right now. So, worry not, because I’m here to help you get rid of the issue at hand. But, little coordination is needed from your side.
All you have to do is, walk through the troubleshooting tips mentioned in this article. In case you get at stuck some point or fail to understand a particular point, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me through the comments section below.
Reasons Why Your Netgear Orbi is Blinking Purple
Before learning how to troubleshoot the issue, let’s first know how about the reasons that led to the Netgear Orbi purple light issue:
- Weak or no internet connection
- Your Orbi router and satellite are not synced
- The Ethernet that you’ve used is damaged
- Your Internet Service Provider is at fault
- Existence of physical obstructions in the room
- You haven’t configured the hardware properly
- Your WiFi device is infected with viruses
- The firmware of your Orbi device is corrupted
- Something is wrong with your Orbi itself
Now, it’s time to proceed to the troubleshooting tips and learn how to fix the issue.
Resolved: Netgear Orbi Purple Light Issue
- Have a Strong Internet Connection
Start by checking your internet connection. Is the connection between your Netgear Orbi router and modem strong enough? No? Well, it’s probably because you’ve connected both your WiFi devices wirelessly.
But, worry not. To troubleshoot this little issue, make use of an Ethernet cable to connect your devices. But, before you do that, make sure that the cable you’re using is free of cuts and damaged. In case it isn’t, replace the cable immediately.
- Sync the Orbi Router and Satellite
One of the major reasons why your Netgear Orbi is blinking purple might be because your router and satellite aren’t properly synced. Therefore, ensure that both your WiFi devices are synced properly. To do so, here are the instructions that you should follow:
- Press the sync button on your Netgear Orbi router.
- Do the same with your Netgear Orbi satellite.
- Now, give both the devices some time to get synced.
After some time, both your WiFi devices will get synced and you’ll get rid of the purple light issue as well. In case you don’t, then continue reading.
- Relocate Your Netgear Orbi Device
If syncing both your devices didn’t resolve the Orbi purple light, then it’s probably because of the physical obstructions present in your room.
Devices like cordless phones, baby monitors, washing machines, treadmills, Bluetooth speakers, and televisions can block the WiFi devices of your Orbi.
Therefore, make sure that your Netgear Orbi is placed far away from such devices. Also, keep your WiFi device away from corners and thick concrete walls.
- Update the Firmware of the Orbi
Another way through which you can get rid of the Orbi purple light issue is by updating the firmware of your WiFi device. Wondering how to do that? Well, walk through the steps mentioned below and know how to update your device:
- Power on your laptop and open Google Chrome.
- Log into your Netgear Orbi by accessing orbilogin.com.
- Then, go to Settings and hit Firmware Update.
Within a couple of minutes, your Netgear Orbi will get updated.
Although performing Netgear orbilogin and updating the firmware of your device will help you resolve the purple light issue, in case it doesn’t, you already know where to find me.