Looking presentable is a significant aspect of one’s life. Maintaining a physical appearance can be difficult for people suffering from hair loss. There is a very low fraction of people who accept baldness as a part of their life. On the other hand, the remaining people are in search of a good hair technique.
A hair transplant is a wonderful procedure to restore hair as well as confidence, but what concerns many people is the expenses of the process.
Therefore, in this article, we will discuss many interesting facts about hair transplants and also how expensive is a good hair transplant in Islamabad.
What is a hair transplant technique and how expensive is a good hair transplant?
Hair transplants are one of the medical treatments for hair loss. It is a surgical procedure that helps you restore hair naturally. It has been in practice since the 1950s. However, with the passage of time, significant progress has been accomplished in order to reach remarkable results.
Commonly used types of hair transplants:
For follicular implants, the two main types of hair techniques include:
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
In both processes, hair follicles are taken from the donor locations, mainly from the back or sides of the scalp, and implanted into the afflicted areas of the scalp.
Moreover, these surgical methods are executed under local anesthesia.
Difference between both techniques:
- The major difference between both techniques is that during FUT, your surgeon will remove a strip of skin from the donor location and then extract the requisite hair follicles. In contrast, only hair follicles are extracted from the donor site as per the requirement for implantation during FUE.
- Secondly, the scar left by FUT is larger and more apparent, whereas the wounds inflicted by the FUE technique are smaller and less obvious.
Duration and results of the surgery:
Hair transplant procedures are time-consuming and the exact time depends on the number of hair grafts required to be transplanted.
However, the procedure can be 4 to 8 hours long as per the hair grafts.
In terms of results, both procedures deliver outstanding and satisfactory outcomes in 90% of the cases.
What is hair the cost of a hair transplant and how expensive is a good hair transplant?
The cost of a hair transplant procedure is not pocket- friendly and most insurance companies do not cover these as hair transplants are considered cosmetic procedures.
A single hair transplant procedure costs more or less than $4000-$15000.
The prices vary depending upon some factors like:
- The geographical area where the clinic is located
- The Experience of a surgeon
- The availability of surgeon’s team members
- Quality of equipment
These factors highly influence the final expenditure of the hair transplant process.
What to expect regarding recovery and risks associated with a hair transplant?
- After the completion of the surgery, the surgeon applies bandages over the wounds for a day or two.
- To avoid pain during the recovery period, antibiotics and pain killers are recommended.
- You must follow the post-operative care routine instructed by the surgeon.
- You should be able to resume your routine tasks within a week, if not sooner.
- Discomfort and pain are normal during this time, however, if the pain is unbearable, contact your doctor immediately.
- Recovery takes about a week after hair transplant but noticeable hair growth begins 6-9 months after the surgery.
In the case of these side effects, consult your surgeon to control them.
Hair transplantation is a long-term and permanent therapy for hair regrowth. In some cases, further treatments are required to attain the desired look. However, before undergoing the procedure, discuss the risks and benefits with your doctor so that he can determine the best course of action for you.