The Certified Public Accountant Examination(CPA) is a standardised test to fulfill the ability to work in the accounting field at an international level. CPAs are recognised internationally in several business and multinational companies to handle the accounting, audit, and regulatory requirements.
The CPA professional courses equip the students with an array of knowledge competencies ranging from accounting and business concepts to practical communication skills and leadership qualities, along with solid skill development.
CPAs have always been a profession that has ensured job security and stability. With expanding business and technologies in the rapidly changing business environment, the demand for CPAs has increased manifolds.
Educational institutions in Singapore have introduced comprehensive online packages to pursue the course. These courses also provide the students with CPA exam material to support the accounting professionals during the exam preparation. The live online classes are held over months of learning from expert faculty.
If you are aspiring to become a CPA to serve national and international clients, here is everything you need to know before starting your journey.
The CPA examination is conducted in four sections. The duration of each section is 4-hours. Designed to evaluate the skills and knowledge essential to qualify as a CPA. It is a computer-based test that comprises MCQs, writing ability, and simulation, where the medium of testing is English.
The requirements for CPA exam eligibility are:
- A graduation degree or an equivalent degree is a primary requirement to appear for the CPA examination, with 24 credits in both accounts and business. The accounting subject in the baccalaureate or master’s should include topics like auditing, tax, accounting standards, and principles. Similarly, for the business-related courses, the subject matters should consist of one of the following: marketing, business, statistics, economics, computers, finance, or accounting.
- To earn a CPA license, the candidate must complete 150 credit hours of a college course or CPA course semester.
- Work experience of a year or more under a CPA.
So, once you fulfill the eligibility, take up CPA professional education to start your journey towards a lucrative accounting career on a global scale. The course can acquaint you with the knowledge essential to thrive as a competent CPA to sustain the global competitive environment. Here are the key learnings:
- The technical aspect of accountancy is integrated with skills like assessing risk and developing a planned response, ethics, professional requirements, and general accounting principles.
- The course can equip the students with overall knowledge of the business workings with in-depth learning of corporate governance, economic concepts, analysis, operations management, financial management, etc.
- It becomes essential to acquire knowledge of the conceptual framework and financial reporting to efficiently apply the accounting principles to public and private sector entities. Other significant learnings of topics like financial statements accounts, select transactions, and the idea of state and local governments.
- The aspect of regulations is a significant part of the course that comprises topics like business law, federal taxation of individuals, federal taxation of entities, professional responsibilities, and federal tax procedures.
The course can be your gateway towards a futuristic career in the fields of accounting. A constant rise in demand of the CPAs has created numerous job opportunities in the international platforms with a high payroll and higher job satisfaction. Sign in now to learn more about the professional course!