The world of Gaming Phones has come a long way. From the initial days of Tetris and Snake to the esports giants like PUBG and Arena of Valor, the gaming industry has witnessed a revolution.
The popularity of gaming phones
Gaming phones, as an exclusive type of smartphone, are becoming increasingly popular. Games have become better at the graphics experience they provide, something that was exclusive to PC gaming. With esports and streaming also becoming mainstream, the demand for gaming phones has only increased over the past couple of years.
Features you should look for in your gaming phone
- RAM: RAM is an extremely important feature of gaming phones. A phone with 6GB or 8GB RAM is usually ideal for playing high-quality games.
- Good chipset or processor: A good chipset is essential for the smooth running of your phone without lags. Look for octa-core processors rather than the earlier dual-core or quad-core processors. Better chipsets are made to handle more functions at the same time more efficiently. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 SoC is one of the best AI chipsets in the market.
- Graphics Processing Unit (GPU): A good GPU is better equipped to handle the complex graphics of the game. The capacity of the GPU is always integrated into the processor. The best choices for you would be MediaTek and Qualcomm Snapdragon in the budget and mid-range segments.
- High refresh rate: High refresh rate is essential for better graphics. More the refresh rate, smoother are the visuals on your screen. A 90Hz to 120Hz refresh rate should be good enough for gaming.
- More screen space: Bigger screens make your gaming experience better. Usually, a screen bigger than 6 inches is what you should look for.
- Touch-sensitive screen: Gaming phones should have a more sensitive screen that can pick up on even the most intricate of touches.
- Powerful battery: A powerful battery helps you to keep going for a long time, as these high-tech games usually consume a lot of charges.
Best gaming phones under Rs. 20,000
Here are some of the budget gaming phones in the market that you can consider purchasing today.
- Poco X2: Powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G chipset, it is probably the best gaming phone under the Rs. 20,000 mark. It also comes with 8GB RAM that makes your gaming process smooth and efficient. The 6.67-inch screen with 120Hz refresh rate and 4500mAh battery are its other attractive features.
- Realme 7: This Realme phone comes with a MediaTek Helio G95 gaming chipset, one of the most efficient chipsets in the market. It has a 6.5-inch FHD+ display and a large 4500mAh battery.
- Poco M2 Pro: Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset, Poco M2 Pro is a great option for gamers. It has 6GB RAM and storage up to 128GB and can run huge games like Clash of Clans and PUBG with great efficiency.
- Vivo Z1 Pro: The Vivo Z1 Pro is also worth your consideration if you’re looking for a gaming phone under Rs. 20,000. The Adreno 616 GPU supports the most complex of graphics in games without any fatigue or lag. It also comes with an impressive 5000mAh battery that can last for hours, in spite of playing graphically intensive games.
- Redmi Note 9 Pro Max: It is one of the best Mi phones under this price segment. Powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 720G chipset, along with 6GB RAM, its performance has been hailed and lauded by gamers across the world. It also comes with a great 5020mAh battery to make your phone last for hours on end.
- Samsung Galaxy M31s: Powered by the Exynos 9611 processor, the Samsung Galaxy M31s is a good gaming phone for playing games like Fortnite mobile and PUBG, albeit in medium settings. The most impressive part about this phone is the 6000mAh battery that facilitates uninterrupted gaming for hours.
- Realme Narzo 20 Pro: The Realme Narzo 20 Pro comes with a 6.5-inch display that provides a 120Hz touch sampling rate. It also comes with a 90Hz refresh rate. The Qualcomm Snapdragon 732G octa-core processor makes the phone run smoothly.
Get your hands on the best gaming phone in the market, and pay for it in easy, affordable EMIs with the Bajaj Finserv EMI Network Card. It comes with a pre-approved loan of up to Rs. 4 lakh and can be used to buy anything — from your favorite gadget to clothes to groceries and gym memberships.